Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Great American Road Trip: Music Considerations

66 hours... that's how long we'll be in the car as we drive across the US. Cecilia has already decreed that we each get 22 hours of music programming time, where we each determine the musical selections during drive time (how very democratic of her).

I have decided that my 22 hours of programming will consist of music by American artists only (this is the great American road trip after all). Unfortunately, this leaves out many of my favorites including Elvis Costello, Van Morrison, and Led Zeppelin. I guess I'll save those for the flight out to Oregon.

Fortunately (or unfortunately for Kelly and Cecilia), my portion of the programming will consist of heavy doses of Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan, the Doors, and Moe, just to name a few. I'm also including some jazz favorites like the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, and others. I'll mix in some late 70's R&B, some 80's old school hip-hop, and some Beastie Boys just to keep it funky.

Wondering what's in store when Cecilia has the programming wheel... hopefully not Justin Beiber. Wait... he's Canadian, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment